MCHS is based on the Slow and Easy Stimulation process
- To improve injectivity of fluids into tight formations – injectivity enhancement process
- Low injection rate, multiple-rapid injection cycles, low proppant volumes/concentrations
‘Controlled’ Stimulation process:
- Create a near-well Stimulated Rock Volume (SRV – conductivity enhanced fracture network):
- Complex fracture network around the well: development of multiple short fractures.
- MCHS can be used for ‘pre-conditioning’ of tight, low permeability formations (<100md) – integration with a production technique
- MCHS is ideal for tight sands, shaley sands conglomeratic sands, etc
- Formation pre-conditioning for thermal–EOR (CSS or SAGD).
- Optimize field development:
- Steam volumes
- Well spacing & patterns
- Reduced environmental ‘foot print’